TUBE-TECH CL 2A
2-Kanal Opto Kompressor/Limiter
Der Tube-Tech CL 2A Dual Kompressor bietet zwei unabhängige Opto-Kompressoren, die natürlich auch Stereo betrieben werden können. Er eignet sich ausgezeichnet für feinfühlige Vocal-Aufnahmen oder satte Bässe und verdichtet das Audiomaterial auf sehr musikalische Weise.
FEATURES & TECHNICAL DATA
CL 2A is a two channel all-tube opto compressor, featuring two independent channels. The optical gain reduction element is placed after the input transformer and followed by an all tube-based output amplifier with a +10 dB gain.
A link switch is provided for use of the two separate compressors in stereo mode or for linking several compressors together. Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen.
The power supply and the sidechain circuit are based on solid state designs. With the exception of the anode voltage for the output stage, all DC voltages are stabilized.
- Low-distortion optical gain reduction element
- All-tube based push-pull amplifier
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -80 dBU @ 10 dB gain
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Variable ratio from 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Continuously variable attack and release times
- Output gain: Off to +10 dBU
- Variable threshold: Off to -20 dBU
- VU meters show output or compression
- Linkable for stereo applications
- Interconnection of several compressors via two busses
- Clickless In/Out relay
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Input and output are transformer balanced and fully floating
FAQ: Opto Compressors CL 1A and CL 1B difference
The TUBE-TECH CL2A design is based on the famous CL1B but not exactly the same.
- CL2A versus CL1B: CL2A is based on the CL1B, but it?s not a stereo CL1B!
- Some differences exist between the two units: CL2A features a different optical element, with a little more ?soft?or ?rounded? action compared to the element in the CL1B.
- The amount of transparency you get when using the CL2A is similar to the CL1B.
- The tube amplifier circuit is basically the same, with the main difference being that the input transformer and the tube amps in the CL2A delivers a more ?normal? amount of gain compared to the CL1B
- The control circuit has been changed so the CL2A?s max release time is two seconds.